Re: log file sequential reads

From: Dominic Brooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:24:35 +0000

Several reasons.
But here's one very specific example which came from an error during the parse process which wasn't fatal to the call but caused significant performance issue. Probably not relevant to your case. This was due to Dump Online Redo for Buffers in Pin History https://orastory.wordpress.com/2012/05/09/why-did-that-report-run-slow-ash-says-log-file-sequential-read/

Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 15:04:51 +1000
Subject: log file sequential reads
From: jack_at_vanzanen.com
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Hi All

I am running a merge statement (11.2.0.3 on AIX with dataguard) and this "log file sequential read" shows up as one of the top waits.I did a bit of searching and other than logminer (which we do not use) I dont see much info out there.Any hints where I can start looking next. On a near identical Dev environment we do not have these waits. Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 22 2016 - 14:24:35 CEST

Original text of this message