Rows processes against an Oracle GTT

From: Hameed, Amir <Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 23:46:18 +0000

I have a few questions about Oracle's GTT (Global Temporary Tables):
  1. Is there a way to find out how many rows were inserted by a session into a GTT that was created with ON COMMIT DELETE ROWS option? We have a standard Oracle EBS applications code that is inserting a lot of data into a few GTT table and I am trying to find out how many rows were inserted by the program.
  2. What is the best way to manage database statistics for GTT? If the statistics go away upon commit and the program does not gather them during processing then is there a way to seed statistics for the table? There are a few statements run by the program that have /*+ dymanic_sampling(1) */ hint specified but the problem is that if at the beginning of the program, the table is empty and the program collects any statistics dynamically then statistics will always show up as zero.

Thanks,
Amir