RE: PLSQL Call Stats in AWR Reports: Am I double-counting?

From: Stefan Koehler <contact_at_soocs.de>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 07:53:59 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

> True, but it does not conclusively tell if the SQL_ID is part of the call or not. One needs to lookup the program_id to verify.

Yes, but this is not the intention of AWR. However it is much easier to check the dependency with a query on v$db_object_cache, v$object_dependency and v$sqlarea as you are already on 11gR2. Something like this (hopefully with no typo):

SELECT SUBSTR(owner,1,30) object_owner,
  SUBSTR(name,1,30) object_name,
  SUBSTR(type,1,30) object_type
FROM v$db_object_cache
WHERE type IN ('PROCEDURE', 'FUNCTION', 'PACKAGE', 'PACKAGE BODY' ) AND hash_value IN
  (SELECT to_hash
  FROM v$object_dependency
  WHERE from_hash IN
    (SELECT hash_value FROM v$sqlarea WHERE sql_id = '<SQL_ID>'     )
  )

Best Regards
Stefan Koehler

Freelance Oracle performance consultant and researcher Homepage: http://www.soocs.de