RE: PLSQL Call Stats in AWR Reports: Am I double-counting?

From: <fmhabash_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 15:11:23 -0400

True, but it does not conclusively tell if the SQL_ID is part of the call or not. One needs to lookup the program_id to verify.

On another note ….

Looking at the same top SQL by cpu, if I have 2 hosts, each hit the DB using identical SQL_ID, say, 1M each. Let’s assume both qualified to be included in this section, I should see 2M executions. However, the module column shows something like ‘perl_at_app_host_1.domain.com’. This confused the readers as they concluded that the hostname showing in module column was the busiest of all others. They started investigating app configuration. It was time wasted.

In a scenario like this, hostnames in the ‘module’ columns just distractions. They serve no purpose, if not a bad one.

Thanks