RE: AUTHID Change Script

From: Dominic Brooks <dombrooks_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:51:12 +0100

Madness?
Surely they've misunderstood something?

Sent from my Windows Phone

From: Lange, Kevin G<mailto:kevin.lange_at_optum.com> Sent: ‎12/‎04/‎2016 16:45
To: mark.powell2_at_hpe.com<mailto:mark.powell2_at_hpe.com>; Oracle-L_at_freelists.org<mailto:Oracle-L_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: AUTHID Change Script

Good idea or not, it's the message from on high that DEFINER is not allowed.

But, I do think it's a good idea for security. We have most security based on roles so the user just needs the appropriate roles to be able to run the procedures correctly. Yes, we will find issues that have to be corrected, but , overall, we have been leaning towards this already so users should already have the appropriate roles.

I was just trying to make the coding as painless as possible.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Powell, Mark Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 10:16 AM
To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: AUTHID Change Script

Kevin, are you sure this is a good idea? We write pretty much all our stored code to run as DEFINER because the owner's privileges are what are needed for the code to work correctly. Unless the stored code was initially designed to run as the current user changing the code may result in breaking it. Have all the necessary privileges for the code to run as the current user been identified and issued?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Lange, Kevin G Sent: Friday, April 08, 2016 6:23 PM
To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org<mailto:Oracle-L_at_freelists.org> Subject: AUTHID Change Script

Evening all;
  I was wondering if anyone out here might already have a script to change the authid from definer to current_user on all Procedures, Functions, types, and packages that exist in a database with an AUTHID of definer?

We find that we have a number of these in multiple databases and instead of opening them up by hand and editing every one of them, I was hoping for an existing script/procedure that could to that for us.

Oracle Version: 10.2.0.4

Appreciate any help.

Kevin

This e-mail, including attachments, may include confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.