RE: Mapping View Columns to Procedure/Function Parameters

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hpe.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 15:23:44 +0000

>> We have an application that can easily query a view, but cannot easily call a PL/SQL function or procedure. <<

Why can’t the application easily call a stored procedure? What problem does it have with doing so?

What tool is your application written in?

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Jolliffe Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:19 PM
To: oracle-l <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Mapping View Columns to Procedure/Function Parameters

We have an application that can easily query a view, but cannot easily call a PL/SQL function or procedure. I am trying to create a custom view to allow this to happen. For example if application performs the following query:

SELECT RETURN_VALUE FROM TEST_VIEW WHERE PROCEDURE_NAME = 'XXX' AND PARAM1='YYY' AND PARAM2='ZZZ'; I want to call the function XXXX with the given parameters, ie XXX('YYY', 'ZZZ') and return the values. I can do the dynamic SQL portion fairly easily (I think), but I am struggling to understand how I can map the predicates to input and output parameters to a procedure or function. Note if handling return value is tricky, might be able to skip that portion (ie just call procedure XXX('YYY', 'ZZZ'). Any pointers? Thanks in advance.