RE: Upgrade and Execution Plans

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2016 01:34:51 +0000

You can
  1. Do a Test Upgrade
  2. Load it with a simulation of production runs (or have users simulating production usage)
  3. Capture SQL Plans
  4. Identify SQLs that need tuning / changes in execution plans
  5. Rewrite SQLs / make schema changes for tuning
  6. Use SQL Plan Management to capture / change execution plans
  7. Use the outcomes of Steps 5 and 6 in your Production Upgrade

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of sumit Tyagi Sent: Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:45 PM
To: Oracle L
Subject: Upgrade and Execution Plans

Hi Guys ,

One of our client want to upgrade it's legacy 10g database to 11.2.0.4 . But one concern is how it will impact the query execution plans ?

How can we make sure the execution plans remain same . What are the different options we have here

BR
Sumit Tyagi
+91-7829543355

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Apr 08 2016 - 03:34:51 CEST

Original text of this message