RE: dbca in silent mode not excluding unwanted components

From: Stephan Uzzell <stephan.uzzell_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 07:43:32 -0700 (PDT)

With 12.1.0.2, that’s no longer the case, though still recommended. DBCA defaults to having all options, and does not (in my experience) allow you to unselect options. MOS note 2001512.1 documents creating a CDB with a subset of options, but via script rather than via DBCA.

http://www.oracle.com/

Stephan Uzzell |  Senior Database Administrator | HGBU Cloud Operations

Mobile: +1 410.227.6732

Oracle Hospitality

Swarthmore, PA | US

http://www.oracle.com/commitment

From: Sweetser, Joe [mailto:JSweetser_at_icat.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2016 10:36 AM To: andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com; ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: dbca in silent mode not excluding unwanted components

I haven’t played around with silent install but, if you are creating a container database, I think all the options must installed in case a pluggable database depends on one of those components.

-joe

From: HYPERLINK "mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org"oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kerber Sent: Wednesday, April 6, 2016 8:30 AM
To: ORACLE-L <HYPERLINK "mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org"oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: dbca in silent mode not excluding unwanted components

I am experimenting with DBCA in silent mode in Oracle 12c, and trying to exclude specific components on installation, such as database vault.

In the dbca template, I set :

  <option name="DV" value="false"/>

But the option still gets installed.  Has anyone run into this before?  Is there any way to fix it?

--

Andrew W. Kerber

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.