Connection errors

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 11:16:24 -0600

EE 11.2.0.4
ASM storage
Linux

Is it possible the following errors are caused by the ASM storage being 100% used? I did not see any unable to extend errors in the alert log. I also verified that the NFS mounts for archivelogs and database/listener logs had plenty of free space.

Error: com.company.cfe.CfeException: Database connection

> > unavailable or possibly JNDI lookup failed for name

> > [java:CMP_RO_OracleDS].Unable to get managed connection for

> > CMP_RO_OracleDS; - nested throwable:

> > (javax.resource.ResourceException: Unable to get managed

connection
> > for CMP_RO_OracleDS

The QA team has been having connection issues off and on for about a month. We're not sure when the ASM storage filled up since there are no errors in any of the alert logs for the three databases that use it. Last week our sys admin determined that one of the app servers was tearing down the connections. Could the error be related to that problem? No one really seems to understand this error, what caused it, how to fix it. My colleague has requested additional ASM storage and is confident that will resolve the connection issue.

A recommendation on a website or book that would help me understand what it happening would be great, if such exists. Thank you.

Sandy B.