RE: Ridiculous Oracle RAC question

From: Kenneth Naim <kennethnaim_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2016 10:16:33 -0400

My client is running OEL 6.6 and they added and removed multipathing without a rebuild, just a reboot. I know that’s not RH Linux but they are similar. It sounds like there is an issue with the OS build that needs to be rebuilt not just for the multipathing.

Ken

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris King (Redacted sender "ckaj111" for DMARC) Sent: Friday, April 01, 2016 11:27 AM
To: Oracle-l Digest Users <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: Ridiculous Oracle RAC question

The sys admins have told me that they've tried a few methods of applying MPIO and that the only option that works is by rebuilding the operating system. I will ask for further details..

Do you know something about applying MPIO after the fact that would not require rebuilding the o/s, that would be helpful for me to pass along to them?

Thanks!