RE: Log File Syncs

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:05:56 +0000

See Timur's most recent reply - a glance through v$event_histogram for the two events, or checking the Wait Event Histogram section of the AWR/Statspack report, might show you some interesting skew in the wait times.

Regards
Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com
_at_jloracle

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] on behalf of Osborne, Chris [Chris.Osborne_at_sky.uk] Sent: 30 March 2016 10:49
To: JC1706_at_att.com; mwf_at_rsiz.com; gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: Log File Syncs

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that. I was aware of most of that and I’m not sure it’s a scheduling thing.

They key thing I’m still confused about is how the average log file sync time can be LESS than the log file parallel write time.

The *real* problem is actually fixed for the moment, as the process for the load has been changed on my recommendation and no longer commits after every row. Now I’m just interested out of curiosity.

Christopher Osborne