Re: Windows & Oracle Issue

From: Alfredo Abate <alfredo.abate_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:10:04 -0500

What does your Windows server statistics look like (CPU, Memory, Disk I/O, etc)? You've got random databases going down on the same server so I would start with a complete healthcheck of the server.

Have you opened an SR with Oracle Support in conjunction with asking folks on Oracle-L (only because you said this was a Production server).

Alfredo

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Balwanth Bobilli < Balwanth.Bobilli_at_rackspace.com> wrote:

> Product Oracle Database - Enterprise Edition
>
> Product Version:12.1.0.2
>
> Operating System :Microsoft Windows x64 (64-bit)
>
> OS Version: 2012 R2
>

> There are 80 SIDS sitting in one server and each as their own listener..
> Same setup in built in multiple servers… Random Databases go down without
> knowledge, All we need to do is restart the database and then it behaves
> well. It is production box and happening frequently…Moreover, there are
> only three windows scheduler jobs and we do not see any failure in it and
> those are small scripts.. Tail of the alert log of one DB, Can anyone say
> me how to find the root cause? It will be really helpful
>

> Suspending MMON action 'CLI AutoPartition' for 82800 seconds
> Mon Mar 28 07:47:30 2016
> Suspending MMON action 'tablespace alert monitor' for 82800 seconds
> Mon Mar 28 07:53:00 2016
> Suspending MMON action 'Cleanup of unpinned KGL handles' for 82800 seconds
> Mon Mar 28 07:58:37 2016
> Suspending MMON action 'flushing workload information for optimizer' for
> 82800 seconds
> Mon Mar 28 08:04:10 2016
> Suspending MMON action 'KSXM Advance DML Frequencies' for 82800 seconds
> Mon Mar 28 08:24:20 2016
> Suspending MMON action 'undo usage' for 82800 seconds
> Mon Mar 28 09:45:40 2016
> Suspending MMON action 'autotask status check' for 82800 seconds
> Mon Mar 28 11:27:23 2016
> Starting ORACLE instance (normal) (OS id: 90240)
> Mon Mar 28 11:27:23 2016
> CLI notifier numLatches:131 maxDescs:5068
> Mon Mar 28 11:27:23 2016
> Specified value of sga_max_size is too small, bumping to 3992977408
> SGA Local memory support enabled
> LICENSE_MAX_SESSION = 0
>

> Thanks,
>
> Balwanth(Bob)