Re: Oracle Forms 10g not running in OC4J

From: raza siddiqui <raza.siddiqui_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 12:47:33 -0700

If you're not seeing any user-defined PRE-FORM / BLOCK / FIELD diagnostic messages, then the form is not being instantiated.

You mentioned in your original post, "/All my other forms are coming up fine. The form just sticks on the gray screen and does not go anywhere/."..

     > Are you saying other forms instantiate in the debugger within your VM, and this particular one doesn't ?

     > From what I can recollect, using the Debugger via the OC4J "pseudo-AppServer", the FMB is recompiled by default, therefore assuming that */IS/* happening ? (ie you can see a new .FMX file) in folder specified in the executable PATH ?

     > Does this particular form use any java classess / libraries, and are they setup accordingly in your test VM environment ?

     > Does this application use any Menus ? Are those appearing ? If not check those. You should see the DEFAULT Menu structure, unless menus are disabled altogether.

Most Forms have a CONTROL block - for initialization and *user-role* / Authentication checks etc. The CONTROL block is not typically a navigational block. If user-roles are being checked, and don't exist in the test VM, this maybe another reason the form is not instantiating - AND you're not seeing any errors or messaging.