Re: Oracle Forms 10g not running in OC4J

From: raza siddiqui <raza.siddiqui_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:29:09 -0700

OK.

The PRE-* series of trigger fire BEFORE any WHEN-* triggers which in turn fire before and POST-*triggers..which is why I asked about the PRE-FORM. If there are no PRE-FORM, are there any PRE-BLOCK, or FIELD triggers ? Check those.

The PRE-FORM then BLOCK,then FIELD triggers (if they exist) are executed _before _the WHEN-NEW-[FORM / BLOCK / FIELD]-INSTANCE triggers in terms of navigational-focus. Think of the PRE-* trigger as a "probe" ahead of the user-focus (initializing variables etc), the WHEN* - when focus has arrived and the POST-* when user-focus has left.

If there is no PRE-FORM, create one and add a diagnostic *MESSAGE('Firing at PRE-FORM');* Similarly, add one at the FIRST navigational BLOCK and first navigational field in that block..this should indicate if the form has actually instantiated.

As for VM memory, seems adequate, but how much is the VM using itself ?