RE: Security Wonks ate my hamster.

From: Jeff Smith <jeff.d.smith_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

That was my first thought too.

Either he/she gives up, or you get to get a new job J

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2016 10:07 AM
To: Howard Latham
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: Security Wonks ate my hamster.

There is a simple fix for this.

Wake up the director when you need root access at an odd hour.

Jared Still

Principal Consultant at Pythian

Pythian Blog http://www.pythian.com/blog/author/still/ Oracle Blog: http://jkstill.blogspot.com Home Page: http://jaredstill.com

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 5:38 AM, Howard Latham <HYPERLINK "mailto:howard.latham_at_gmail.com" \nhoward.latham_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Our IT Director has decided only he will have root access to out 4 linux Database Servers . And the password will be held in a safe, Does these mean I can no longer do the administration or Linux / Oracle or does his idea of creating new account solve it?

--

Howard A. Latham

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 24 2016 - 15:14:40 CET