RE: Security Wonks ate my hamster.

From: <rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 13:06:04 +0000

Have you tried asking these questions to the esteemed director ☺ Is this limited just to “root” or all privileged accounts?

Maybe what he has shared is cryptic tongue in cheek and he has an elaborate tool set in the background with a well documented set of steps to provide break glass access Else I think time for you to take a sabbatical ☺

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:39 AM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: Security Wonks ate my hamster.

Our IT Director has decided only he will have root access to out 4 linux Database Servers . And the password will be held in a safe, Does these mean I can no longer do the administration or Linux / Oracle or does his idea of creating new account solve it?

--

Howard A. Latham

Please visit our website at
http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html for important disclosures and information about our e-mail policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Mar 23 2016 - 14:06:04 CET

Original text of this message