RE: FW: internal service error

From: Robert Freeman <rfreeman_at_businessolver.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 19:34:26 +0000

Just off the top of my head this sounds like a case where the app is initiating some form of connection pooling, the connections probably are timing out and the app is not re-connecting properly. I’ve seen cases like this before – often it boils down to setting a property or two in the calls to the JDBC driver (most likely in my experience) or configuration of web tier connection pool. You might also look at possible bugs in the drivers you are using. I know there are some versions of JDBC that have bugs that sound like this behavior.

RF

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Hans Forbrich Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 11:39 AM
To: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>; howard.latham_at_gmail.com; jithinsarath_at_gmail.com Cc: ORACLE-L <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: Re: FW: internal service error

OK, so now we already have much more information.

  1. This is the response seen by the user of a Web Application
  2. The web application somehow uses an Oracle 11g database
  3. The Oracle 11g database, and the related listener are up and running and appear stable

This likely has nothing to do with the database. The next step is to look at the application, including how does the user get to the application; what languages is the application written in, how does the application connect to the database?

Next things to look at:
- what kind of web application is this? ActiveX, Java, ...

  • has the application changed recently?
  • has the environment changed recently?
  • is this error happening first time the application is accessed after reboot? or after a number of accesses?

You want to be on the watch for 'out of memory', out of other resources, memory leaks, changes in program, anti-virus recently been updated blocking some of the required DLLs, etc.

Server 500 - in a WEB Application environment - usually indicates resources being abused or not available.

/Hans

On 22/03/2016 10:24 AM, Zelli, Brian wrote: Ok, I am trying to get answers for another analyst. This is what the web application is doing. Database is accessible. Listener is running. I will post more as she answers some of the previous questions. Just thought that the error may have jogged someone’s memory. The vendor has no clue.

Brian

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Howard Latham Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2016 12:17 PM
To: jithinsarath_at_gmail.com<mailto:jithinsarath_at_gmail.com> Cc: fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com<mailto:fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>; ORACLE-L Subject: Re: FW: internal service error

Whats the url any clue as to what you are trying to browse ? blank screen doesn't really help.

On 22 March 2016 at 16:09, Jithin Sarath <jithinsarath_at_gmail.com<mailto:jithinsarath_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

Well, what are you trying to access via webpage? EM console? DB? What part is failinh? If it's the db, then does sqlplus work? Is listener running? Tnsping?

If there's nothing in ANY log file, what about event viewer entries? If that fails, then I'd do a process monitor on the component(s) when they fail and then attempt to weed out useless info. It takes a while but should give you some info. On 22-Mar-2016 9:28 PM, "Hans Forbrich" <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com<mailto:fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>> wrote: That's interesting. Apparently something is wrong,

First thing to verify: did it work before? Second: if it did work before, what has changed? Third: does it fail immediately, after a while, when you reboot, when something happens, when nothing happens, when the temperature changes, when someone logs on or doesn't log on.

You imply that it might start and then fail. However, since it is difficult to read over you shoulders, we can not verify that. You imply that after rebooting, something appears to work approximately not wrong.

Again, no idea what you are seeing. If you want help, give details.

/Hans

On 22/03/2016 9:11 AM, Zelli, Brian wrote: If the pic does not come thru, the error is:

SERVER ERROR
500 – internal service error
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

This is 11g on windows. Nothing shows up in the logs and so far the temp fix is to reboot the server……

[mailbox:///G:/Thunderbird.sbd/Lists.sbd/Oracle-L.sbd/Z%20Unsorted?number=397250438&header=quotebody&part=1.2&filename=image001.png]

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--
Howard A. Latham

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

image001.png