RE: 1 cluster monitored by two EM OMS?

From: Peter Sharman <pete.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 15:33:43 -0700 (PDT)

And I just noticed you specifically said you weren’t going to have the target managed by both, so my comments about that configuration, while remaining true, will not be pertinent to your configuration.

Sigh, next time I’ll read the whole email thread before replying. L

Pete

Pete Sharman
Database Architect, DBaaS / DBLM
Enterprise Manager Product Suite
33 Benson Crescent CALWELL ACT 2905 AUSTRALIA

Phone: HYPERLINK "tel:+61262924095"+61262924095 | | Mobile: +61414443449  Email: HYPERLINK "mailto:pete.sharman_at_oracle.com"pete.sharman_at_oracle.com  Twitter: @SharmanPete  LinkedIn: au.linkedin.com/in/petesharman Website: petewhodidnottweet.com

  _____

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not, it's much harder than that!"

Bruce Pihlamae, long term Oracle DBA

  _____

From: Thomas Roach [mailto:troach_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 4:40 AM
To: HYPERLINK "mailto:dmann99_at_gmail.com"dmann99_at_gmail.com Cc: HYPERLINK "mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org"oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: 1 cluster monitored by two EM OMS?

Just install 2 agents. The second agent will have to use different ports.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 16, 2016, at 1:22 PM, David Mann <HYPERLINK "mailto:dmann99_at_gmail.com"dmann99_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Long story short: I'm testing an EBS plugin on our Dev cloud control 12c (12.1.0.4) system and realized the database I have been provided to test with is on a cluster that is already monitored by our Prod cloud control installation.

It is possible/advisable to monitor 1 cluster with 2 separate OMSs? Would I need to install another set of agents for the OMS that is not already monitoring that cluster?

If it matters the database I plan on testing the plugin with will only be discovered by the new Dev OMS where the testing is going on. I don't expect to have the database managed by two OMSs at the same time.

-Dave

--

Dave Mann

General Geekery | HYPERLINK "http://www.brainio.us"www.brainio.us