Re: Does this look like a bug to you guys?

From: Sayan Malakshinov <xt.and.r_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2016 06:04:16 +0300

I've analyzed SYS_OP_TRTB a little bit more, so now we have:

​SYS_OP_TRTB(A,B,C,D) is a special trimming/padding function, where

A - the value for trimming/padding,
C - bytes,
D - characters.
B - this arguments accepts only literals:
 when 1st bit is set to 1 (bitand(B,1)=1), this function adds spaces (chr(32)) to right up to least(C bytes, B chars), if length of the first argument is less than C bytes or B chars.  when 4th bit is set to 0 (bitand(B,8)=0), this functions raises ORA-01401, if length of the first argument is less than C bytes or B chars. I still don't know what's for 2nd and 3rd bits...

My tests:
http://orasql.org/scripts/char/test.sql
http://orasql.org/scripts/char/test2.sql

--