Re: Oracle DBA Interview Questions

From: Chris Taylor <christopherdtaylor1994_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 12:55:09 -0500

Interesting hang up you have on the DBCA. I'm an old-school DBA as well (having started with 7.2 - so probably not as old as you *wink* ) but I have to tell you. Using DBCA makes things a lot easier and lets me focus on doing other things with the time I save. (Of course I have some basic skeletons of create database scripts on my portable hard drive, but most likely a candidate is not going to have those scripts readily available).

The reason I mention the above, is we (all of us) need to quit turning our noses up at some of the tools available and instead take advantage of the tool that makes the most sense if *time *is important. As I get older, time is increasingly important I realize. And humbleness! :D

Chris

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Robert Freeman <rfreeman_at_businessolver.com