Re: SQL Server on Linux

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 22:13:52 +1100

It is only logical for Microsoft to add another platform for SQL to run on. If oracle, mysql, and a whole host of other databases can port to Linux and windows, surely Microsoft has the resources to do so. They have their cloud to beta test and iron out most issues so if they want to they can launch with a stable product

As for RAC...I am fairly confident that Always on technology goes a long way in replacing RAC within requirements of most shops.

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation