Re: Oracle Exadata Top Three Selling points

From: Thomas Roach <troach_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:36:26 -0500

The Exadata patching process is relatively simple compared to everything that would have to be patched in a non-Exadata environment. Oracle puts thousands of hours into doing regression testing around the quarterly patches which helps to minimize risk and ensure there aren't incompatibilities between patches. In fact, it's just one download (QFSDP)... Could the process be simpler? They are always working on that. Today though, if you do take advantage of platinum, then it's really easy after you get the platinum services gateway setup and configured. You just schedule with Oracle when you would like to get your Exadata patched.

--
Thomas Roach
813-404-6066