RE: Free SQL Server licenses for Oracle customers

From: <rajendra.pande_at_ubs.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 18:17:03 +0000

Not trying to defend ORACLE and have no reasons to ☺ But as my beloved leader said
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.”

On a serious note – every company is going through the same issues There were horror stories of Dell when they moved their support out to India IBM did the same thing.
I have seen Microsoft support for Windows 10 issues and its quite sad

So its not a matter of ORACLE is bad. Where would you go and expect to get that excellent service where every support call can be answered to total satisfaction. Then also consider the scale of operations

The completion comes with all kind of promises – do a switch and bait in some cases and then you are back to square 1

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Lothar Flatz Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 1:04 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Free SQL Server licenses for Oracle customers

In Switzerland, Germany, Spain etc experienced support people were layed off and support is going to Rumania. I don't believe that a company is able to replace years of experience adequately. That is serious, because customers are paying for support. Less service for the same money offers a point of attack for competition.

On 11.03.2016 18:57, Andrew Kerber wrote: I wouldn’t say desperate. I have had a lot of feedback recently with my customers about oracle auditing policies, and pricing. They (Oracle) seem to be creating a more and more adversarial relationship with their customers.

Microsoft may simply see an opportunity to strike while the iron is hot. I think this is going to be interesting to watch, I am going to get some popcorn. And probably learn something about sql server too.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of angelo Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 11:54 AM
To: ORACLE-L

Desperate Microsoft.. ahaha :-)

On 11 March 2016 at 14:39, Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com<mailto:iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>> wrote: http://www.businessfinancenews.com/28170-microsoft-corporation-to-take-on-oracle-corporation-via-sql/

"For every instance of Oracle you have, we’ll give you a free SQL Server license. ..."

There's no free lunch so there must be some fine print. What features are included? Is it free in perpetuity?

--

Please visit our website at
http://financialservicesinc.ubs.com/wealth/E-maildisclaimer.html for important disclosures and information about our e-mail policies. For your protection, please do not transmit orders or instructions by e-mail or include account numbers, Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information.

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 11 2016 - 19:17:03 CET

Original text of this message