Re: Cross platform migration between solaris & Linux on Z

From: Venkat Krish <venkat.lear_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 10:50:25 -0500

Yes, it might work..but the reason for this question is to understand rationale behind why Oracle support declared this as unofficial. I am not sure if its just sales pitch ( forcing us to use DG or RMAN) or just that they dont want to deal with issues beyond their core area.

I have enough downtime. ( can even do this with all DBs & ASM instance completely shutdown).. wanted to know if this approach would consistently work. ( Of course I can try in a sandbox, but its better to ask someone who had already crossed this bridge, I thought)

Thanks again.

Regards
Venkat