Cross platform migration between solaris & Linux on Z

From: Venkat Krish <venkat.lear_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:24:46 -0500

Hi - We are contemplating a move from Solaris OS to linux on systemZ.

Both platforms share the same endian format & while reading thru an internal email thread, I got this question in my mind.

If DB is currently using ASM and storage is SAN (EMC)., would it be possible to just disconnect the ASM Disks/storage volumes from current solaris host and present them to target Linux box?

if I have to go over just OS related header conversion, that would be fine.. Just thinking if there are ways to avoid moving data (via RMAN or something else)?

If there is related document on this topic (or how-to), can someone please point me to that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Venkat