RE: SQL Server on Linux

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:13:24 +0000

They have Always_On technology where there is a Primary and a Secondary and both are accessible. You can direct queries to the secondary backup from the secondary while your primary is the OLTP.

Brian

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Robert Freeman Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:09 PM
To: angelolistas_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: Re: SQL Server on Linux

SQL Server still does not have anything like RAC though, does it? They still have an active/passive model I think - or has that changed. I know there was talk at one time about them doing an active/active kind of HA model but I have not seen or heard much about it lately.

RF

On Mar 10, 2016, at 10:35 AM, angelo <angelolistas_at_gmail.com<mailto:angelolistas_at_gmail.com>> wrote:

At first... for Ubuntu, later for RH and Suse.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/sql-server-on-linux.aspx

On 10 March 2016 at 13:25, Robert Freeman <rfreeman_at_businessolver.com<mailto:rfreeman_at_businessolver.com>> wrote: I'm just waiting for MS RH Linux....

On Mar 8, 2016, at 11:00 PM, Kamran Agayev (TD/DBA) <itakamran_at_azercell.com<mailto:itakamran_at_azercell.com>> wrote:

Can't wait to see billboards around the Moscone Center on how much Oracle on Linux is faster than SQL Server on Linux at OpenWorld 2017 :)

BR,
Kamran Aghayev A.

On 7 March 2016 at 19:50, Phil Jones <phil_at_phillip.im<mailto:phil_at_phillip.im>> wrote: All,

Hell is due to freeze over!

http://blogs.microsoft.com/?p=67248

---Phil

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Mar 10 2016 - 18:13:24 CET

Original text of this message