Fwd: Re: auditing CPU usage

From: Dave Morgan <oracle_at_1001111.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:32:10 -0700

You can also use login/logoff triggers. CPU and I/O billing was the driving force for our development and testing of login triggers in the late 90s on Oracle 7

I forget the exact details but we captured the state on login and logoff summed up the totals and then sent the data to the business

Oracle would not support it, but were quite helpful and we had no issues. Other than after the initial excitement the business never did use the data. And now these triggers are are part of Oracle.

Feel free to curse me :)

I expect that the other options suggested on the list are lower impact but just in case they don't meet your needs I thought I should pipe up.

YMMV
Dave

--

Dave Morgan
Senior Consultant, 1001111 Alberta Limited dave.morgan_at_1001111.com