RE: 12.1.0.2 Upgrade from 11.2.0.4 issue.

From: Le, Binh T. <Binh.Le_at_lfg.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 20:15:57 +0000

Hi Ken,

If you already done all the preupgrade steps in non-graphical mode then you might as well create the pfile from the old version, copy to the new home as well as the passwords file and then start the database instance in the new home in upgrade mode.

SQL> startup upgrade
SQL> exit

And then run catctl.pl catupgrd.sql from the new home.

cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin
$ORACLE_HOME/perl/bin/perl catctl.pl catupgrd.sql

I'm attaching step from Oracle Hand-On-Lab.

Please let me know if you need all the steps.

Thanks,
Binh

(http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/community/developer-vm/vts-hol-2415742.html)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Kenneth Naim Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2016 2:33 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: 12.1.0.2 Upgrade from 11.2.0.4 issue.

Hi All,
I am encountering a basic issue with dbua when trying to upgrade from 11.2.0.4 to 12.1.0.2 on OEL 6.6 but I have been working on it all morning/searching google and MOS without any success .

I installed the software using the software only option. Then I ran the pre upgrade diagnostic scripts, everything was clean or fixed. I set up the environment variables, ORACLE_HOME and PATH to point to 12c location, ORACLE_SID points to the db to be upgraded. Finally I ran dbua. The Soruce database oracle home isnt getting populated and neither are the databases to upgrade. I checked the oratab, it contain 10 databases (including the one to be upgraded) all with the correct 11g path. The oratab's permission is 664 so it is readable. I'm sure I'm missing something basic so any help would be appreciated.

[cid:image001.jpg_at_01D1794D.7C78CFB0]

Thanks,
Ken Naim
Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**

image001.jpg