Oracle DBA Interview Questions

From: <rob_at_oraclewizard.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 11:56:53 +0000

I've put togehter some questions for Oracle DBA's; however one of my co-workers say the questions are a bit tough. Said "we don't want to scare a potential employee." Can y'all comment, are these questions too hard? Should I include more Backup and Recovery? What are your thoughts? -Rob

Makea column not null, but you have null values in the column. How would youapproach the problem? Howwould you change the encryption algorithm on a tablespace. Canyou rekey (rotate keys) for encrypted tablespaces? Whatprocess would you use to encrypt data in an existing tablespace? Howto you rekey change the encryption algorithm on an encrypted column? Altertable <table name> rekey using ‘<encryption algorithm>’; Ajunior DBA deleted some archive logs prior to them being applied to the standbydatabase. How do you get the standby database resynced? Youhave encrypted a set of columns, there are existing indexes on those columns.When you encrypted the columns, did the index get encrypted? Youran an datapump backup of encrypted data, you did not specify encryption in thedatapump command line, is the datapump file encrypted? Inrman, you have executed CONFIGUREENCRYPTION FOR DATABASE ON; What encryption algorithm will Oracle use? select algoritm_name, is_default fromV$RMAN_ENCRYPTION_ALGORITHMS; How do you find out what users still havethe default password? dba_users_with_defpwd

Robert P. LockardOracle ACEPresident Oraclewizard.com, Inc. "When given the choice between two evils, I always take the one I have not tried." Mae West
(cell) 571.276.4790
(office) 410.766.6960
(fax) 410.766.0332

twitter _at_navonpilot