RE: License pricing

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 18:30:19 -0800

The MS SQL adept administrators and developers are adept in Windows administration so I don't see them advocating SQL Server on Linux. But time will tell. Maybe Windows administrators are clamoring to leave the Windows platform. Iggy
Subject: Re: License pricing
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
From: gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 19:58:34 -0500

    On 03/07/2016 07:41 PM, Iggy Fernandez
      wrote:

      I forgot to mention DB2.

    Yes, you did. DB2, as opposed to MySQL or PostgreSQL is a full
    featured alternative which is making inroads on Linux. Believe it or
    not, I see more and more of DB2 on Linux clients. However, it seems
    that IBM has neglected the sales of DB2 and that DB2 is not their
    strategic product, so there aren't many applications available to
    run against DB2. There are many applications available to run
    against MS SQL. And there are many MS SQL adept administrators and
    developers, which is unfortunately not the case with DB2. Anyway,
    the time will tell.

    --
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA