ORA-29106: Cannot import PKCS #12 wallet

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 11:13:55 +1100

Hi All,

Playing around on a test box at the moment trying to setup TCPS connection

I have followed this document from Tim Hall

https://oracle-base.com/articles/misc/configure-tcpip-with-ssl-and-tls-for-database-connections

And have not encountered any issues during the setup

Few differences between his and my setup are:
* server/client names (obviously)

  • TCPS port (I picked one that was open on firewall already)
  • I only picked one cipher suite SSL_CIPHER_SUITES = (SSL_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA)
  • we have following entries in the listener.ora which are for a different issue and not in the doco SECURE_REGISTER_LISTENER = (IPC) SSL_VERSION=1.0
Now all looks good until I try sqlplus

c:\sources\21104035>sqlplus system_at_instance_ssl

SQL*Plus: Release 11.2.0.3.0 Production on Tue Mar 8 11:04:45 2016

Copyright (c) 1982, 2011, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-29106: Cannot import PKCS #12 wallet.

What could I be looking at next to fix this?

If you need any config files let me know

Client is 11.2.0.3.39
server is 11.2.0.3

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Thank you for your cooperation