RE: Upgrade EM from 12.1.0.3 to 12.1.0.5 - emkey issues

From: Le, Binh T. <Binh.Le_at_lfg.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 13:48:56 +0000

Hi Jeff,

I just upgraded from 12.1.0.4 to 12.1.0.5 too but my on Linux so I don’t not sure why Windows would ask for Admin password just copy the emkey to repository maybe it need for read file permission?

Below was what I did before the upgrade. Run the below from the Old $OMS_HOME so they key would be copied into the repository.

$OMS_HOME/bin/emctl config emkey -copy_to_repos
Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 4 Copyright (c) 1996, 2014 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter Enterprise Manager Root (SYSMAN) Password : <-------------------------- only asks for SYSMAN Password
The EMKey has been copied to the Management Repository. This operation will cause the EMKey to become unsecure. After the required operation has been completed, secure the EMKey by running "emctl config emkey -remove_from_repos".

What error do you get?

This is the pages that I follow to do all the works: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/upgrade.121/e22625/upgrading_12101_PS1_gtgstrtd.htm#EMUPG160 http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/upgrade.121/e22625/upgrading_12101_PS1_oms.htm#EMUPG166

Thanks,
Binh

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Chirco Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2016 1:43 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Upgrade EM from 12.1.0.3 to 12.1.0.5 - emkey issues

I am trying to upgrade my EM from 12.1.0.3 to 12.1.0.5 but during the upgrade processes a prerequisite comes up about emkey needs to be copied to the repository. I found related topic in the upgrade guide and it says to run this.

Which I do but it is asking for an Admin password in addition to the sysman password. I have the sysman password and I believe the Admin password it is refering to is the WebLogic admin account which I have as well. But errors out and tells me to check a log file which is not even updated. My EM is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit I am stuck and don't know what to do. Any suggestions? Thanks,
Jeff
Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**