Re: cost-effective, low-performance options for RAC?

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 11:16:48 -0700

HA is not a practical use-case (by itself) for RAC. If HA is their requirement, they should use Data Guard.

Performance scalability is the practical use-case for RAC. Your customer has self-selected themselves out of that use-case, but apparently they'd rather spend more money, time, and effort to get to the same place. C'est la vie...