RMAN Backup Strange Behavior

From: Ndidi Ibeachum <chinedui_at_live.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 12:30:28 +0100

Dear Listers;
Oracle Ver. 11.2.0.3 (RAC)RHEL 5.8 -x86-64 I have a RAC cluster database running in Archivelog mode and a full database backup is taken on the database every night not to the FRA. My RMAN settings are as below:
configure retention policy to redundancy 1;configure backup optimization on;configure archivelog backup copies for device type disk to 1;configure archivelog deletion policy to none; When a backup is taken each subsequent night, crosscheck is run in the backup script and obsolete backups are deleted. for about 3 days now, I noticed that physical backups from previous nights are not deleted (database files, archivelogs and control file autobackups). When I check the backup log, the crosscheck command lists the files of the previous night as expected. As soon as the backup is taken and command to delete obsolete is run, the backup record previously presented is ommited. Instead archivelogs that are not required before the database backup are what is reported and deleted. I then crosscheck the files in the location specified and the records still do not show up in RMAN. I am trying to get the issue resolved but would like to know if anyone has experienced this and what the problem could be.Thanks in advance for any feedback.