Re: I need to vent

From: Norman Dunbar <oracle_at_dunbar-it.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 16:17:48 +0000

Hi Matt,

On 01/03/16 15:56, Matt Adams wrote:
> What’s the most egregious statement you’ve come across?

not quite as big as yours I admit, but size isn't everything...mine was:

alter table T add constraint chk_T_xx check(xx in ('Y','N',NULL));

(assuming I remember the syntax of course!)

It came from a vendor and I was on QA duty that day where I was checking any scripts for problems before we applied them to test environments. The above caught my eye.

In case anyone is wondering, it allows ANY value in column xx.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar