Re: OLTP should have priority over jobs

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Feb 2016 19:33:57 -0700

Basically:
  • Define one or more consumer groups
  • Assign a session to a consumer group
    • can be done by a variety of things (logged in user, IP address, client s/w ...)
  • Create a plan that fills your needs
  • Activate the plan.

Oracle provides free resources on the net to help you. Search for "oracle obe resource manager". Two useful resources are https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/performance/resource-manager-twp-133705.pdf and (not quite on the mark, but useful) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgxhV5cTRc

HTH
/Hans