RE: exporting

From: Deas, Scott <Scott.Deas_at_lfg.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 14:34:57 +0000

Brian,

If you haven’t already tried this, see if the oracle user on the host can write a file to the directory in question. Let’s take DataPump and the database out of the equation for a second and see if the os user can write to that location.

If it can, then check the permissions (within the database, not the os) that you have assigned to the user running DataPump (database userid here, not os user) on the DIRECTORY you created with the CREATE DIRECTORY command. The user that is running DataPump should have READ/WRITE permissions to the DIRECTORY database object.

One final thought, I tend to be explicit in my parameter files, so you may want to try something like this:

DIRECTORY=EXPDP_DMP_DIR
DUMPFILE=EXPDP_DMP_DIR:DUMP_FILE_NAME_P%U.DMP LOGFILE=EXPDP_DMP_DIR:LOG_FILE_NAME.LOG Thanks,
Scott

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Zelli, Brian Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 9:21 AM To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> Cc: Mayen Shah <mshah_at_travelclick.com>; Chris Stephens <cstephens16_at_gmail.com>; oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Subject: RE: exporting

I saw that at the base /u03 it was owned by root. The /u01 directory was owned by oracle(which I am logged in as) so I used the data_dump_dir (the default) since I had enough room to do the export and I still got the same error. I recreated the directory as and assigned privs again but no luck.

Brian

From: Niall Litchfield [mailto:niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com] Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 9:17 AM To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: Mayen Shah; Chris Stephens; oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>) Subject: Re: exporting

Check the *mount* permissions as well as the filesystem permissions.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote: I created directory, did the create and the assign and still the same results. I believe it is an NFS mount. I checked the privs and made all read, write and execute on the unix directory.

I can’t figure out what I am missing because we have done this before…..and I’ve done it on the test boxes as well…..

Brian

From: Mayen Shah [mailto:mshah_at_travelclick.com<mailto:mshah_at_travelclick.com>] Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 8:31 AM

To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: Chris Stephens; oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>) Subject: Re: exporting

Yes pick another location on os, create another directory object, grant privileges and use that for log file. Yes, you can use different directory for log file.

Is existing location nfs mount?

On Feb 26, 2016, at 8:13 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote:

No there isn't a file there.
Isn't the log file supposed to go in the same directory as the .dmp file?

I thought it would. It doesn't even get created.

When you say create a separate directory object, you mean create/pick another directory and a new name (like dump_dir2) ?

Brian

From: Mayen Shah <mshah_at_travelclick.com<mailto:mshah_at_travelclick.com>> Sent: Friday, February 26, 2016 8:01 AM To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: Chris Stephens; oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>) Subject: Re: exporting

Is there clmprd.log file exist owned by different user or read only permissions?

Another option is to create separate directory object and use that for log file to see if it progresses. Creating log file is first step. Next will be creating 20160226_clmprd.dmp by expdp.

  • Mayen

On Feb 26, 2016, at 5:57 AM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote:

Here is what I am running:

expdp userid/password

directory=DUMP_DIR

dumpfile=20160226_clmprd.dmp

SCHEMAS=roswellclm

Logfile=clmprd.log

I created the directory dump_dir as /u03/oradata/dumpdir

I gave the userid read, write privs on the directory dump_dir

I checked at the OS level and the oracle user can read, write to those directories.

I guess the question is, where is the log file going? Does it go to the same directory?

Brian

From: Chris Stephens [mailto:cstephens16_at_gmail.com] Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:00 PM To: Zelli, Brian
Cc: oracle-l (oracle-l_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l_at_freelists.org>) Subject: Re: exporting

can you give the expdp command and directory ddl?

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org<mailto:Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org>> wrote:

Getting this error:

ORA-39002: invalid operation

ORA-39070: Unable to open the log file.

ORA-39145: directory object parameter must be specified and non-null

I created the directory file and gave rights to the user to write there. What am I missing?

Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you. Notice of Confidentiality: **This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Lincoln National Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Lincoln National Corporation family of companies. This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout. Thank You.**

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Feb 26 2016 - 15:34:57 CET

Original text of this message