Re: Oracle TDE Question

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 07:50:41 -0700

IF you have Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12.1.05 or 13c AND you have [the budget for] the licenses for Data Masking and Subsetting, that Pack has a nifty tool to identify and track sensitive columns.

Basically you define the pattern of columns name AND/OR pattern of data that is sensitive (SSN, phone, etc) and let the tool crawl the database to identify the columns that meet the criteria.

It's a LOT more robust than that.

Fair heads-up: I am upgrading the Oracle University Database Security curriculum to include this material.

/Hans