Re: ASM vs. dNFS?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 01:07:14 -0500

On 02/23/2016 07:44 PM, kyle Hailey wrote:
> NFS is already has 100GbE NICs and is shooting for 200GbE next year.
A good portion of my users are still using 1GB ethernet. I have even encountered 100MB segment quite recently. 100GbE NICs? Probably on HAL 9000. Kyle, you're killing me. There is still place for FC in the data center:

http://www.computerweekly.com/feature/100Gbps-Ethernet-is-it-time-to-move

I will buy you dinner at Scoma's in SF if FC stops selling in less than 10 years and NFS and NAS solutions outsell FC. I know that you live in the SF Bay area, that's why I chose Scoma's. And this is a promise.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA