AIX - JFS2 Snapshots

From: Sheehan, Jeremy <JEREMY.SHEEHAN_at_nexteraenergy.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 16:10:53 +0000

Hello Guru's,

Has anyone used JFS2 Snapshots with Oracle in any capacity? We have an old process that uses a filesystem copy in combination with transportable tablespaces to move datafiles from one db to another. We are looking to eliminate the filesystem copy and replace it with JFS2 snapshots. This is being done to eliminate CPU resources and speed up the process (about an hour per tablespace grouping x 3/day x 3 tablespaces).

If you have used something in a similar manner, any gotchas to keep an eye out for? Any advice? Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Jeremy