RE: Oracle Advanced Support Gateway

From: Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:25:52 -0500

We ended up taking the same route as well. Thanks for sharing your experiences Adric.

Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 15:57:23 -0600
Subject: Re: Oracle Advanced Support Gateway From: landstander668_at_gmail.com
To: nupendra_at_hotmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

We encountered the same issue, when trying to provision the gateway to enable Oracle Platinum Support for an Exadata environment. No workaround that I'm aware of... we ended up opting for the physical hardware version from Oracle. As far as I could see, there's no technical requirement for this limitation... it's simply Oracle being Oracle. On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Upendra nerilla <nupendra_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello everyone -
We are trying to configure Oracle Advanced support gateway for platinum services for ZDLRA.

We provisioned a VMWare VM and during the install we found that support gateway works only on Oracle VM or on a physical server. Our capacity is small to justify a dedicated server for gateway. Does anyone know if there is a workaround to use it with vmware? I am also trying to understand if there is a technical reason to restricting it to OVM or a physical server?

Thanks much
-Upendra

--

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Feb 16 2016 - 23:25:52 CET

Original text of this message