Re: Oracle shutdown on Wintel

From: Herbener, Martin - Division of Engineering and Management <martin.herbener_at_education.ky.gov>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 17:14:06 +0000

Daniel Hubler,

The behavior you describe does indeed seem to be standard for Oracle on Windows (it's described further in 309230.1). As part of migrating to 12c we did some mitigation by implementing a Windows shutdown script that shuts down the Oracle Windows service before the OS actually quits. This was not my idea - there are other discussions of this out there in the www - but I didn't make a note of original writer.

I can share the specific script/configuration we used if you want it.

Martin

Martin Herbener
Kentucky Department of Education
502 564 2020