RE: Access schema using a different user

From: Dimensional DBA <dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 03:27:12 -0800

Only if there are no duplicate object names across the schemas, login to multiple schemas being referenced.

Matthew Parker

Chief Technologist

Dimensional DBA

425-891-7934 (cell)

D&B 047931344

CAGE 7J5S7 Dimensional.dba_at_comcast.net

 <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matthew-parker/6/51b/944/> View Matthew Parker's profile on LinkedIn

www.dimensionaldba.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of MJ Mody Sent: Friday, February 12, 2016 9:23 PM
To: jolliffe_at_gmail.com; jdunn_at_sefas.com; oracle-l digest users Subject: Re: Access schema using a different user

Would use of public synonyms be an approach here? The role-based, least privilege model is still followed for tables, views, etc. Objects as packages are treated separately where privileges need to be granted to user explicitly.

_\/_
 MJ

On 2/12/16 10:48 PM, Patrick Jolliffe wrote:

Another option is proxy authentication. Difference in that case is user has complete access to target schema, just uses own name and password to authenticate.

https://oracle-base.com/articles/misc/proxy-users-and-connect-through