Re: OEM12c Upgrade from 12.1.0.4 to 12.1.0.5

From: Rich J <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 13:55:18 -0600

On 2016/02/12 10:05, Le, Binh T. wrote:

> Should I upgrade to:
>
> /u01/app/oracle/product/oem12c/middleware1
>
> Or
>
> /u01/app/oracle/product/oem12cr5/middleware

I think it depends on the rest of your directory structure. Seeing as Oracle's current direction is to have a new Oracle Home for new releases, I like having the version in the name. However, for the sake of my sanity I merged some of your directory levels and went with "/opt/oracle/middlewareEM12cR5". The Agent, database, and other Oracle folders all sit at the same level, so this works well for me.

Disclaimer: No, I do not strictly follow OFA, but after reading Cary's explanation of why OFA is what it is, I'm comfortable with my modifications. :)

GL!

Rich