Re: DataGuard Failover Test issues

From: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 14:49:54 -0600

Abbas,

Thank you for those doc I will check those out, I remember looking at my notes from the past as we are using NON default 1521 port(security teams wishes), after enabling the broker configuration we see below entry and that actually prevented us from doing a switchover with below entry and hence to get around that we moved it to staticconnectidentifer to TEST_P and TEST_S...

StaticConnectIdentifier =
'(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=primary)(PORT=1521))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=TEST_P_DGMGRL)(INSTANCE_NAME=TEST)(SERVER=DEDICATED)))'

Also here is another thing that I forgot to mentioned, If i were to run "failover to test_s", it takes long time but works just fine. And as this is part of our FAILOVER test, we bring the primary back up online and reinstate the primary we are back in business, the show config command does not hang.... seems like it only hang when primary is down completely.