Re: DataGuard Failover Test issues

From: max scalf <oracle.blog3_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 10:34:06 -0600

Here it is...

DGMGRL> show configuration;

Configuration - test_config

  Protection Mode: MaxPerformance
  Databases:
    test_p - Primary database
    test_s - Physical standby database

Fast-Start Failover: DISABLED

Configuration Status:
SUCCESS DGMGRL>
DGMGRL> show database verbose test_p;

Database - test_p

  Role: PRIMARY
  Intended State: TRANSPORT-ON
  Instance(s):
    test

  Properties:

    DGConnectIdentifier             = 'test_p'
    ObserverConnectIdentifier       = ''
    LogXptMode                      = 'ASYNC'
    DelayMins                       = '0'
    Binding                         = 'optional'
    MaxFailure                      = '0'
    MaxConnections                  = '1'
    ReopenSecs                      = '300'
    NetTimeout                      = '30'
    RedoCompression                 = 'DISABLE'
    LogShipping                     = 'ON'
    PreferredApplyInstance          = ''
    ApplyInstanceTimeout            = '0'
    ApplyParallel                   = 'AUTO'
    StandbyFileManagement           = 'AUTO'
    ArchiveLagTarget                = '0'
    LogArchiveMaxProcesses          = '5'
    LogArchiveMinSucceedDest        = '1'
    DbFileNameConvert               = ''
    LogFileNameConvert              = '/oracle/test/origlogA/,
/oracle/test/origlogA/, /oracle/test/origlogB/, /oracle/test/origlogB/, /oracle/test/standbylog, /oracle/test/standbylog'
    FastStartFailoverTarget         = ''
    InconsistentProperties          = '(monitor)'
    InconsistentLogXptProps         = '(monitor)'
    SendQEntries                    = '(monitor)'
    LogXptStatus                    = '(monitor)'
    RecvQEntries                    = '(monitor)'
    ApplyLagThreshold               = '0'
    TransportLagThreshold           = '0'
    TransportDisconnectedThreshold  = '30'
    SidName                         = 'test'
    StaticConnectIdentifier         = 'test_P'
    StandbyArchiveLocation          = '/oracle/test/oraarch/testarch'
    AlternateLocation               = ''
    LogArchiveTrace                 = '0'
    LogArchiveFormat                = '%t_%s_%r.dbf'
    TopWaitEvents                   = '(monitor)'

Database Status:
SUCCESS

DGMGRL>
DGMGRL>
DGMGRL>
DGMGRL> show database verbose test_s;

Database - test_s

  Role: PHYSICAL STANDBY
  Intended State: APPLY-ON
  Transport Lag: 0 seconds (computed 0 seconds ago)

  Apply Lag:       0 seconds (computed 0 seconds ago)
  Apply Rate:      78.00 KByte/s

  Real Time Query: OFF
  Instance(s):
    test

  Properties:

    DGConnectIdentifier             = 'test_s'
[...]
    StaticConnectIdentifier         = 'test_S'
    StandbyArchiveLocation          = '/oracle/test/oraarch/testarch'
    AlternateLocation               = ''
    LogArchiveTrace                 = '0'
    LogArchiveFormat                = '%t_%s_%r.dbf'
    TopWaitEvents                   = '(monitor)'

Database Status:
SUCCESS DGMGRL> exit

standby:/oracle/test>
standby:/oracle/test>
standby:/oracle/test>
standby:/oracle/test>
standby:/oracle/test> tnsping test_s

TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.4.0 - Production on 12-FEB-2016 03:32:18

Copyright (c) 1997, 2013, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
/oracle/test/11204/network/admin/sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = TEST.WORLD) (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = standby) (PORT =1545))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = test) (GLOBAL_NAME = test) (SERVICE_NAME= test_S))) OK (0 msec)
standby:/oracle/test>
standby:/oracle/test> tnsping test_p

TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.4.0 - Production on 12-FEB-2016 03:32:20

Copyright (c) 1997, 2013, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Used parameter files:
/oracle/test/11204/network/admin/sqlnet.ora

Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve the alias Attempting to contact (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (COMMUNITY = TEST.WORLD) (PROTOCOL = TCP) (HOST = primary) (PORT =1545))) (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = test) (GLOBAL_NAME = test) (SERVICE_NAME = test_P))) OK (10 msec)
standby:/oracle/test>

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 10:20 AM, abu fazal md abbas <abbas.appsdba_at_yahoo.in