Accidental Use of Oracle Active Data Guard

From: Michael Cunningham <napacunningham_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 15:37:13 -0800

Hello all, we have an Oracle audit going on and we are being told we are going to get charged for using Active Data Guard.

Has anyone been successful in working with Oracle to have them realize these were unintentional and not deliberate?

Technically the feature was enabled, but it was by accident and incorrect configuration of srvctl. As it happens, we had one standby database configured with db_startoption=open, and the other standby database with db_startoption=read
only.

The first was as a result of requiring a "failover" to physical standby and we missed setting the db_startoption=mount when we rebuilt the standby on the server that used to be primary.

Each of the problems have been corrected, but Oracle is working on a bill and I'm looking for some advice from the group.

--

Michael Cunningham

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Feb 09 2016 - 00:37:13 CET