Re: Any way to force RMAN to skip TTS self-containment check?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 22:26:29 -0500

On 02/03/2016 10:14 PM, Jack van Zanen wrote:
> Hi Mladen,
>

> We are using a tape location rather than disk location and when I was
> looking into this script (had to fix it when we upgraded to 11G) I am
> pretty sure I could not do that with backup location.
>
> But....We had to refresh and make it work asap and this worked as we
> wanted, so have to admit I may not have exhausted all research/testing
> avenues.
>

> Jack
>
> Jack van Zanen
>
> -

Hi Jack,
You are right, for the device type SBT you must use catalog. I was just adding to your example. For tape, you also have to use a media layer, like TSM in your case. The point of my post was that you are using a relatively little known but very cool new feature of Oracle 11G. Regards
--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA