Forms chatty on the WAN?

From: Patrice sur GMail <patrice.boivin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 11:17:21 -0400

I am not a Forms Developer by any means, but was asked to speed up a Forms app.
It's a complex application with dozens of forms and a lot of cross-checking going on between the fields.

Opened the Java Console, noticed that every time we navigate from field to field this appears in the console:
network: Connecting
http://hostname.domainsuffix:8888/forms/lservlet;jsessionid=l0SD7SiSWXxB7cp2k2Csx7mfmoaVlrSNRhlVMOJxMK2_o6rqOF8K!-1956922543 with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://hostname.domainsuffix:8888/ with proxy=DIRECT

Are these caused by pre- and post- triggers?

I looked on the 'net and in Oracle Support on how to tune Forms apps, I found the information is rather vague.

​Are most Forms apps running on intranet LANs (faster networks) or have some managed to run them over WANs or on the Internet as well?