Re: Large Pages - Oracle on Windows

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 08:52:06 -0600

I use them all the time. The have fairly large CPU benefits in Virtualized environments, smaller but still noticeable CPU improvements in physical environments. The key item is to allocate enough hugepages for your entire sga. If you are using OVM, make sure your version supports them directly, early versions translated them to standard page size.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2016 at 8:16 AM, MJ Mody <emjay.mody_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Oracle SMEs
> Reaching out to see if anyone has Large Pages implemented and any lessons
> learned that one would share. I have a 12c dev/test environment upgrade
> coming up and considering to enable this feature.
>
> Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Regards
> MJ